Please read the following requirements and guidelines carefully and in their entirety before applying. If you have questions, email Sandy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Writing Project:
- The Rockvale "Believe" Fellowship is open to writers of Creative Nonfiction only. We define CNF as memoir, personal and lyric essay, and literary journalism.
- The project must present serious illness as its main theme and explore the impact illness has on life and relationships. A personal connection to the story is paramount. We put no limitations on the definition of serious illness.
- The project must have the intention of becoming a full-length book.
- No part of the writing project should be previously published.
- The application fee is $30. This is non-refundable.
- The application requires a description of the project, an excerpt of the project, a curriculum vitae, and a written paragraph detailing how the fellowship would aid the writer and project. We do not require letters of recommendation.
- Fellowship applications are accepted between March 1 and December 1, 2020.
- The recipient of this fellowship will receive a 2-week writer's residency at Rockvale Writers' Colony in College Grove, TN. The residency must be completed before December 1, 2021.
- A small stipend of $200 will be given to the fellowship recipient upon arrival at the colony to compensate for travel and food. Expenses beyond $200 are the responsibility of the writer.
- All rules and policies of Rockvale Writers' Colony are in effect during this fellowship. The recipient will be expected to sign the writer's contract before arrival. The recipient should familiarize themselves with RWC (our setting, our mission, and the way residencies work) by carefully reading our website. We strongly advise reading everything under the "Residencies" tab, especially "Information" and "FAQ's".
- Writers not selected for the fellowship will have the option of scheduling a residency at the usual RWC rates.